Sunday, March 6, 2016

Cute DIY gift idea to give to a visitor

A few weeks ago my dear friend Xiaoning stayed with me for a few days in Panama. Among all of the exciting things we did, was seeing the beautiful Isla de Contadora. When I scout beach stones for my collection #beachcombing I like to see what they look like wet. I happened to snap a photo of this little guy and she thought it was cute.  Flash forward one week...
I was looking at my stash and remembered how she liked my smiley stone. I thought it would be so cute if I could find a way to send one to her to remember her stay with me.
I took some clear nail polish and painted a face on one of my stones.  Dead ringer for the original!!! 
To make it even more special, I wrote the date and place on the back with a coloured pencil, and sealed it with a clear nail polish heart.
That is when my 2 year old daughter wanted to join in on the fun. She created the face above.
Then I added PINK nail polish and glitter to the mix. #toddlerfun
I let her decorate some #seaglass that I will send along with my stone.

Come and visit again Xiaoning!!!!!!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment