Friday, March 11, 2016

Day 60 of my Ugly Tie Hexie Quilt wallhanging. (Formerly a pillow cover)

I am embarrassed to say that I have been "working" on this quilt for over 2 months. In my defense, I have not worked on it full time (I have a 2 year old), and I never did a Hexie Quilt before.  I thought it would be fun to try with my Dad's old tie collection. #uglyties #hexiequilt
Cuting out and then sewing together all the little hexigons was a little tedious, but embellishing them with beads and thread was a little more exciting. Halfway through sewing them all together I decided that I did NOT have the patience/time to actually create a pillow cover. A "simple" wall hanging would have to do.
So now I am trying to figure out how to finish and hang my masterpiece. It needs to be done by April 5th for my Dad's birthday...
I thought I would simply sew it to a felt backing and hang it like that, but I didn't like the way it looked so UNfinished.  I decided to go a little fancy and show some crazy hash stitches on the white felt. That looks kind of cool. So much for making a simple wall hanging. This has gotten way out of hand.....
Did I mention that I have been doing all those little stitches in my laundry room on my dryer? It has the best natural light, and the dryer is at the perfect height...

To be continued...




No comments:

Post a Comment