Friday, February 17, 2017

Chain Stitch name on a baby quilt.

   I was invited to a baby shower for one of my lawyers. Being on a VERY limited budget I had to get creative. I had a cute pink flamingo baby quilt that I had made a while ago. Liz is going to have a girl so I decided this would be adorable for her baby. Customising it for her would be even better! I had this cool ombre pink thread that was thick enough to use for the name. After  first practicing on some paper, I wrote Maria Sofia onto the quilt so that I could stitch over it. I freehanded it in swirly cursive. Cute for a little girl.
I was going to just dot the i's, but then I decided that hearts would be even cuter!!!
I took my Prismacolor marker and drew on the hearts.
I am not very confident in my chain stitch so I practiced first.
When I stitched onto the quilt, I went completely through to the other side. I had not done this on the name because I wanted the back of the quilt to look nice.
I scattered some more hearts around the quilt and the back of the quilt is so sweet!!!
I then signed and dated it, and tied it up with a ribbon. I hope Liz loves it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment