Wednesday, March 8, 2017

H is for Happy!

   Ok, so I have fallen a little behind on the Heart-a-Day challenge so I decided to change it to the Happy-a-Day challenge. It is my challenge so I can do what I want... :) I did create something yesterday but it wasn't in the shape of a heart. It is all about becoming happy anyway... I also decided that Today I would make it a little more difficult and be happy for something that you would think was a very Unhappy situation.

   If you have read the about me page you know what my situation is. I was in a mentally abusive relationship. My then-husband filed false charges against me and locked me out of my home when I went to visit my family for my Dad's 75th birthday. The catch here is that I am in the country of Panama, where my daughter was born 3 years ago. I am fighting for custody in a foreign country where I don't even speak the language. Neither does he. We are BOTH American citizens. It is a dire situation.

   So what could be happy about it? Over this past year I have seen several Psychologists and Psychiatrists etc. for help and support. One of them said something to me that I will always remember. I carry it with me, and think about it whenever I get down too low. She said that it was a good thing that my husband did this to me, otherwise I would still be in that abusive relationship. That is true. I was committed and I was not giving up. Luckily for me, and my Daughter, Alyn had other plans. He literally pushed me out of my plane without a parachute. A plane that I had no intention of exiting. He pushed me and I fell. Far. No parachute. No warning.

   I am so happy he did this to me. He tried to ruin my life, but instead he did me a favor. As I fell towards earth lamenting the absence of a parachute and waiting to, well basically die, I realized I didn't need a parachute. I had WINGS! Had he not tried to kill my spirit I never would have discovered this strength that was in me all along. I now have faith that I can save myself, and my daughter. So, thank you Alyn for being such a ___________.

   So now I will continue with my Happy-a-Day challenge, and I urge you to challenge yourself too. There is always something to be happy about.

   On a side note, the photo is of my daughter at Chuck E Cheese. The look on her face of sheer excitement as she shows me her tickets she won. That is how I would like to be. She is my inspiration. Just happy to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment