Sunday, March 5, 2017

Multi colored thread happy jewelry set

   I like the simplicity of the sliding friction bracelets so I experimented with different colored threads. In the morse code HAPPY bracelet in the previous post I only used red and I felt like it was missing something. It looked so cool that I made a ring and necklace too! I used a toggle closure for the necklace instead of the sliding bead.
The first thing I did was thread a needle with seven different colors of thread. I used a special flexible beading needle with a large eye.
I doubled up all the threads and tied the ends together with a simple knot. I left some fringe because I liked the way it looked. I threaded  all of the beads on.
I then went back through the black bead and made a loop for the toggle. I threaded on one more yellow seed bead and knotted the end. I cut the needle from the thread and voila!
I used turquoise crystals because it fights depression, and the little yellow seed beads are yellow like a happy sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment