Sunday, March 5, 2017

Morse code bracelets

   I think the morse code bracelet idea is so clever I wanted to try it in my Happy Place. I have a bunch of seeds beads and thought this would be a great project. I couldn't decide on one color so I used them all :) I did use only one word though... HAPPY.
This is the word "happy" in morse code. The white beads represent the dots and dashes. The Morse Code chart is at the bottom of this post.
I did Happy in seven different color combos, one for each day of the week.
I threaded an english beading needle with 5 strands of bright red polyester thread. I dumped my beads onto a beading cloth and went to work.
I wanted a simple closure so I decided on a single bead friction. I threaded all 10 strands through a Swarovski crystal and it works great. Simply pull the bead back to open, and up to pull it snug.
To keep the beads from shifting I used brass crimp beads on each end. I finished it off with two little beads and simple knots.
These are similar to the technique I used.
This is another simple idea I found on Pinterest. There are so many ways to be creative! It is all about having fun and staying in your Happy Place.
Here is the Morse Code Chart I found on Pinterest :)






No comments:

Post a Comment