Friday, March 3, 2017

Heart-A-Day challenge

   I had so much fun making the heart potholder that I decided to make some more. I tweaked the design a little bit to my liking and tried to get more creative. It feels good to be in my little sewing corner and to have a "purpose". Plus it takes my mind into my Happy Place. I challenged myself to make at least one heart every day. It will be a little difficult the week that I have EM, so I will definitely need to go double duty when she is in school.
I am not sure if I will sew every heart. Maybe a piece of jewelry or embroidery. I have so many fabric scraps that I will never need to buy more supplies.
I used a different quilting technique for this heart. I wanted to use some of my smaller scrap pieces.
I did a blanket stitch around the edge to reinforce the heart shape. I also made some binding tape for a different look.
My Heart-A-Day challenge begins!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment